Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using fedora 13. I can't seem to get eclipse to give me the option to make a c++ project. I installed: eclipse eclipse-platform eclipse-cdt eclipse-common I still don't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

make eclipse C++ project?

I am using fedora 13. I can't seem to get eclipse to give me the option to make a c++ project.

I installed:
    eclipse
    eclipse-platform
    eclipse-cdt
    eclipse-common

I still don't get the option to make a C or C++ project.

Any ideas?

Just Joined!
    When you select, File, New, what project options (the top 2 or 3) are offered?

Do you have a c or c++ compiler installed, like gcc?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregBrannon View Post
    When you select, File, New, what project options (the top 2 or 3) are offered?

Do you have a c or c++ compiler installed, like gcc?
    GCC installed

File > New
    I have java and verilog options, and then default

Just Joined!
    And if you select Help, About Eclipse, what does the top line say?

I have Java, JavaEE, and C/C++ installed as separate Eclipse programs. I may have been able to accomplish the same thing by loading one Eclipse platform with different plug-ins, resulting in different perspectives, but I never figured that out. Do you have selectable perspectives? They would be selected on the right side of your main window after the tool bar, with a small '>>' nearby that shows the available perspectives when clicked on. What perspectives does yours show?

I'm thinking you installed and are running the Java version rather than the CDT version, OR the version you installed isn't configured correctly to give you the CDT option or perspective that you added or tried to add. If I'm on the right track, you might find the following link helpful (note the 2nd paragraph).

CDT Downloads