Find the answer to your Linux question:
I took some videos off a usb flash drive, then went and selected " safely remove usb" and the light continued to blink on the flashdrive, I pulled it out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

removing flash drive and...

I took some videos off a usb flash drive, then went and selected " safely remove usb" and the light continued to blink on the flashdrive, I pulled it out any way, and the root folder turned red... everything seems ok, but how do you know when it's ok to safely remove a usb devise ?

I check blinking light of USB only and if you are not sure, execute df -h command in Terminal and check if it lists USB drive in mounted devices.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    It can take awhile for a USB drive to sync when it has had a lot of data added or removed, depending upon the speed of the drive. I have had to wait for at least several minutes in some cases for the drive to be physically updated. So, DO NOT pull the drive until the blinking stops and the desktop icon has disappeared. To do otherwise is to risk corrupting the file system on the device and being unable to access your remaining data.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

When command prompt returns after umount command ...