Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
hi i'm new to linux don't know what i'm running i see a k on the tool bar. well first i'm here to find kids games for my son and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

find kids games for my son - don't know how to download

hi i'm new to linux don't know what i'm running i see a k on the tool bar. well first i'm here to find kids games for my son and i don't know how to download it. i did one but it went into my folder and i don't know what to do from their i press every file in it and i just don't understand what to do please help

Santi

Hi and Welcome !

It looks like you are using K Desktop Environment (KDE). Which Linux distro/version are you using?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    yes kde 8.5

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Open Konsole and execute this code
    Code:
    cat /etc/issue
    cat /etc/release
    uname -a
    Post output here.

Just Joined!
    Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 \n \l
    is this what you were asking me, sorry i'm new to this

Just Joined!
    Linux Santi 2.6.27-1-mepis-smp #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 12 21:22:47 EDT 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

You can install packages, games through Package Manger. KDE uses Adept Package Manager but I prefer Synaptic over Adept. Synaptic is not pre-installed in KDE.
    Open Konsole and execute this
    Code:
    su -
    apt-get update
    apt-get install synaptic
    Above code will install Synaptic Package Manager. Open Synaptic ( look for its entry in Menu ) and type games in Search box. Read description of all searched packages and install whatever you like.
    Here is a Tutorial on Synaptic Package Manager. It's for Ubuntu and it works fine for Debian too.

Quote Originally Posted by santi1031 View Post
    yes kde 8.5
    I think you mean kde 3.5 don't you? Otherwise you are far ahead of everyone else in the world including the kde devs.
    If you click on the "k" button you should see a bunch of menus including a "Games" menu. There you will find the menu item "Games for Kids". Just click on the game that interests you and it should open up.
    ciao,
    jdk

Just Joined!
    thank you found lots of games for my son after i installed synaptic but one more question some games i can't find after i downloaded or some games i press the buttom to strart it but won't do anything it is like i never press the buttom

Quote Originally Posted by santi1031 View Post
    thank you found lots of games for my son after i installed synaptic but one more question some games i can't find after i downloaded or some games i press the buttom to strart it but won't do anything it is like i never press the buttom
    It's really difficult to help you when you give so little details. I would suggest you take one problematic case and describe it in detail (don't leave anything out) and we can try to solve that. Then we go on to the next case. Is that ok?
    ciao,
    jdk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast