Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I need a version of linux (an distrb) with compiler gcc 3.4. This is for academic purposes. Does anyone know of a site where i can download such ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

old version with gcc 3.4.x

Hi all,

I need a version of linux (an distrb) with compiler gcc 3.4. This is for academic purposes. Does anyone know of a site where i can download such an iso??

Or alternativley i have a version of Opensuse (10.3) but i am having trouble reverting to the old compiler?

Any help in relation to this will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

ved

Smile

welcome in Linux you can manually install your required gcc version .Read the documentation of various distro hear and chose which applicable for you as i use fedora 13 is use gcc-4.4.4-10.fc13.i686

HTML Code:
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/newbie/57918-all-new-users-read-first.html

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    On current systems, gcc 3.x and 2.x are "legacy" or "compatibility" packages. For example, on RHEL/CentOS 5 systems, the packages for gcc 3.4 are:

compat-gcc-34
    compat-gcc-34-c++
    compat-gcc-34-g77

You can install these along with the regular gcc packages. In fact, on my CentOS system I have gcc 3.4.6, 4.1.2, 4.4.0, and 4.5.1 ubstalled. Mostly I use 4.5.1 these days, but sometimes I back off to 4.4 or 4.1 if there are problems with the build, and some older packages require 3.4 so I use that when needed.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!