Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am running ubuntu 10.04 on my netbook and im thinking of swithching my desktop over. it is running vista64 right now. my main concern is sofware availability. i do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] what distro should I use

i am running ubuntu 10.04 on my netbook and im thinking of swithching my desktop over. it is running vista64 right now. my main concern is sofware availability. i do som video editing and web desighn with adobe premiere and photoshop dreamweaver flash and such. also use excell word and all that. wondering what distro I should use, thinking of trying ubunt 10.10 but not sure if there is anything better out there that will help eas of use and running softwear. thanks and sorry for the very noob question

Welcome to the forum. If you will go to the "All new users read this first" at the top of this page, you can take a distro quiz which will help you select a distro. you can also go to distrowatch.com and look at many different distros to see what appeals to you.

if you know ubuntu, stick with it. Don't fix what isn't broken ... some other people say.

if you can't do something on Ubuntu, ask for how to do it then.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

Magis is right, stick with what you know. The ubuntu repositories have one of the widest selections of aps there is for linux.

Just Joined!
    thanks for yourt help, yea i took the quize and will prolly stick with ubuntu i was just wondering about softwear for web design and video editing.