Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi.i have a last model sony vaio.of course i delete windows7 cause is crap,as u defenetly know.a friend of mine install xp and macforlin.i format the particion with xp cause ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Linux

hi.i have a last model sony vaio.of course i delete windows7 cause is crap,as u defenetly know.a friend of mine install xp and macforlin.i format the particion with xp cause i didnt like the version .i was very interested to discover linux.anyway is less then i espected,cause me a lot of problems,like blocking,cant read many dvd ,kind of strange errors in many other movies,turning on/off.don t know im dissapoited ,dont know wat to do.can u help me?

Just Joined!
    I don't understand what your question is. Are you asking me how to install Mac4Lin?

Just Joined!
    hi.no im asking why this errors,why it dont read a lot of dvd (vlc,mplayer,movie player-none works ok)and that ones wich read have errors ,why bloking(dual core 2100,4g ram,320gb hdd),i cant take away the boot options(safe mode,memory test ,ubuntu),when i shut down errors cople of segond until shut down,when i open strange colors untill he get to ubuntu.why all this things.i mean the only better thing are :its faster then xp on turning on,formating drives and internet but i think both bring problems.can u help to fix this problems?

Just Joined!
    Well, I can't answer that question. Maybe driver issues? Which distribution of Linux was it?

You will surely get better help on the distribution's forums and I am sure they can help you solve your problems

Just Joined!
    well,i think the problem comes from this version(mac4lin)i mean im not sure,but nobody can explain smthg else,also my pc is very good,so i dont accept the pc s fault.i have a friend which have mac 4 lin in tests.dont know wat 2 do.i tried 2 install another OS,but it apears a blue screen with a error.i think is because i already had 2 OS,after i format the partition with xp,but the fking boot option is still there and i think this is the reason 4blue error screen.nobody had this problems(well i can belive it cause im not so lucky with the pc s)?

Quote Originally Posted by green_flavour86 View Post
    well,i think the problem comes from this version(mac4lin)i mean im not sure,but nobody can explain smthg else,also my pc is very good,so i dont accept the pc s fault.i have a friend which have mac 4 lin in tests.dont know wat 2 do.i tried 2 install another OS,but it apears a blue screen with a error.i think is because i already had 2 OS,after i format the partition with xp,but the fking boot option is still there and i think this is the reason 4blue error screen.nobody had this problems(well i can belive it cause im not so lucky with the pc s)?
    Hi and Welcome !

I would suggest you to create a new thread in Linux Newbie Forum.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

I've moved your posts here so that you can get more exposure for your problems.
    Last edited by MikeTbob; 10-16-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Typos
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Why don't you try out a few live CD's and see which distro suits you best. They are usually very easy to get to work. Once you see what you like you can install it on a permanent basis.
    ciao,
    jdk

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I think that Mac4Lin is a theme if I understand it correctly. It sounds like your problems are caused by software and drivers that have not been installed by default (usually for legal reasons)

How you go about sorting this out, depends on which distro you are using.

If you are unsure what you are running, you can usually find out by opening a terminal and running the command:

cat /etc/issue
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent