Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Gave up on a Linux desktop for now. Dependent on too many windows applications. May try again in another year or so - if I live that long. Installed debian ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gave up on a Linux desktop for now. Dependent on too many windows applications. May try again in another year or so - if I live that long.

Installed debian 5.0.6 "Perfect Sever" with ISPconfig 3 on an older machine. (Linux offers a much better server than windows.)

Already moved one site and I can resolve it by IP number. Setup nameservers with FreeDns and waiting for the nightly update to test the name resolve. (too cheap to pay for their service just yet) My home server seems to resolve faster than my paid host.

Thanks again for all of your support! You folks are the most friendly Linux users I have dealt with.

Thanks
    eddie

Well, you gave it a shot....no harm done and you probably learned a thing or two along the way. Good Luck with whichever direction you should take.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4