Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I use kmail, and today allowed my mother to send some emails with it. Big mistake ! I now find that all of the folders are displayed in reverse ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kmail Folder Problem

Hi,

I use kmail, and today allowed my mother to send some emails with it. Big mistake ! I now find that all of the folders are displayed in reverse alphabetical order. She has no idea what she did, and I have no idea how to correct it. Any help gratefully received.

Andy.

Linux Newbie
    Hi I'm not familiar with kmail, but I'd guess under the view menu?
    In the future when you have guests using your computer, you might create a temporary account for their use.
    Code:
    [you@yourbox ~]$ adduser mom
    [you@yourbox ~]$ password mom
    and upon departure
    [you@yourbox ~]$ userdel mom
    It might then be a good idea to save her home directory with it's config files, for her next visit.

Just Joined!
    I think you are right about having a separate account for guests. As far as the problem though, I can't see any simple command which could effect this. There is nothing under the view menu. or folder properties. The silly thing is, she could only have done something very simple, as she is almost completely computer illiterate.

Just Joined!
    Click on the top of the Folder pane (where it says 'Folder') - this just does the sort by the folder name.

Just Joined!
    How embarrassing is that ? Thanks Mwhidby !