Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Well, I'm off and running with Lubuntu and so far so good. Things are moving even more quickly than I had anticipated (15 seconds to boot has exceeded my expectations) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Well, I'm off and running with Lubuntu and so far so good. Things are moving even more quickly than I had anticipated (15 seconds to boot has exceeded my expectations) and I'm not getting any studdering when streaming from flash sites. It's certainly not as graphical as KDE, but I'm actually kind of enjoying that. It's going to force me to learn the terminal. Now I've managed to map my network share once but have run into a few hangups with getting the syntax correct for getting it to map automatically. No worries though, there are plenty of tutorials out there, so I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

Congratulations on your success with LXDE. I'm still looking how to control screen refresh, but not a biggie. Switched to Nautilus as the file manager as it simplifies running scripts and setting shares. Give it a look.
    Last edited by previso; 11-05-2010 at 02:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3