Find the answer to your Linux question:
The funny thing is, I'm trying to use it for an emu(I know, I know >_< ), and for other games I play often, but while Linux detects that it's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Problems getting Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad to work

The funny thing is, I'm trying to use it for an emu(I know, I know >_< ), and for other games I play often, but while Linux detects that it's plugged into the USB port, it doesn't detect it as a joypad, which is bad. So, um, can anyone give me some help on this, or direct me to some drivers(Although I think the drivers for it are already installed)

Linux Guru
    It wouldn't surprise me if MS has used some proprietary protocol when they designed it. Try searching on google and see if anything useful comes up.

Linux Engineer
    revolve,

Did you get this to work? I'm currently using MS Sidewinder gamepad and I finally got this to work after reconfiguring the kernel. With that being said, you'll need to find out if you kernel supports everything but the real thing that helped me in achieving this success was the joy.txt file inside the kernel documentation. I can send that to you if you like. That alone answered all the questions about getting this stupid joystick to work.
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Newbie
    no bpark, I never did get it to work, and if you want to, you can send it to me:

revolvement@hotmail.com