Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
nswrapper (probably what the Mint install windows driver uses) works well when you have to use it. I used it with Debian with an older HP dv9000. I think you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

nswrapper (probably what the Mint install windows driver uses) works well when you have to use it. I used it with Debian with an older HP dv9000.

I think you said you had a Atheros card and those are usually pretty well supported, I would do a google search for the type of WiFi card your have (can be retrieved by running lspci in the CLI) and Mint, very possible someone has a tutorial on how to get it working especially if the hardware has been out for some time.

Just Joined!
    Ok I installed Ubuntu on a different HD from Mint, and Windows. I did this so I could try a couple of different versions. But after restarting mint does not show up any were, what happen? Plus I bought a different Wireless Adapter ASUS PCE-N13 and it installed perfectly and I'm typing this from linux. about time..

So now another question, how to install drivers for other hardware. I did a additional devise check, and it says no properity drivers installedd. So were do I get drivers for my system, that will work with Ubuntu

Just Joined!
    Drivers for which hardware? Does your sound work? I think Mint automatically install the NVidia drivers for accelerated 3D graphics, and everything else will be supported directly by the kernel. It's not the same as Windows where you need to download and install individual drivers for your SATA controller, network adapter, etc. Support for almost all hardware is part of the Linux kernel.

Dustin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2