Find the answer to your Linux question:
I wanna take my physics notes with a computer rather than writing them by hand because my writing becomes illegible sometimes and makes revising a chore. What would be good ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best mark up language for recording physics notes at college

I wanna take my physics notes with a computer rather than writing them by hand because my writing becomes illegible sometimes and makes revising a chore. What would be good for this, bearing in mind I need to write lots of maths equations and draw many graphs.

Right now I know Latex but I dunno if there's something better.

When I was taking heavy math notes on the computer, I tended to use LaTeX for the notes, and kept a separate notebook for the graphs. Graphs were just too difficult to write quickly in a note-taking environment.

Having said that, when doing my Physics homework, I used LaTeX, gnuplot for graphs, and xfig for diagrams. You can also check out graphviz for graphs in the CS sense, which are nodes and edges.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Personally, I use nedit for note-taking as well as code writing. It is an X-Windows text editor for Linux/Unix that was originally developed at Fermi National Laboratory in Illinois for physics researchers. It is now open sourced and maintained on SourceForge.net.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close