Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, i have Samsung Galaxy its like an iPad and i need to run Terminal I'v been searching it but i cant find it, i'm running Ubuntu 10 OS ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Where can i find the Terminal in File System??

Hey guys,

i have Samsung Galaxy its like an iPad and i need to run Terminal
    I'v been searching it but i cant find it, i'm running Ubuntu 10 OS

i need to know where is it exactly in File System?
    like in windows C:\Windows\System32\cmd

Thank you

Linux Guru
    cd command in terminal will work as oneway of doing this.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsingTheTerminal

If wanting right click open terminal here in nautilus (not sure if you are using nautilus).

[SOLVED] add "Open terminal here" to Nautilus right click menu? - Ubuntu Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mystrygolden View Post
    Hey guys,

i have Samsung Galaxy its like an iPad and i need to run Terminal
    I'v been searching it but i cant find it, i'm running Ubuntu 10 OS

i need to know where is it exactly in File System?
    like in windows C:\Windows\System32\cmd

Thank you
    Pardon my ignorance but this is the first time I heard that Ubuntu can be installed on Samsung galaxy. I have always thought it only runs on android
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    In Linux, commands are usually installed in /bin, /usr/bin, or /usr/local/bin, depending on how important it is / how it is installed.

For a terminal, you probably have xterm installed (probably /usr/bin/xterm), which is the most basic terminal. If you're using Ubuntu, you also have Gnome Terminal (/usr/bin/gnome-terminal) available.

The Samsung Galaxy isn't like an iPad, it's an Android smartphone. I have one.

If you have Ubuntu, you can run a terminal from Applications/Accessories/Terminal. I assume you're trying to root your Galaxy, and you need a little more than Terminal for that, but it's a start.

Just Joined!
    To the OP: You weren't very clear in your description above. If you are running a Galaxy Tab with the original Android OS, then there are a couple of CLI utilities that you can use. I have the Mesmerize, a Samsung Galaxy S phone, and I've installed an application called "Terminal Emulator" from the Android Market. As noted above, unless you root your device, you will only be able to do things as the user. I have another app called "ConnectBot" that allows connection to another system (possibly the Ubuntu you are referring to) via SSH (Secure Shell). It does not require rooting of your phone.

If you have actually managed to install Ubuntu Linux onto your Galaxy Tab, then you should be advanced enough to know how to open a terminal session or download a terminal client using apt-get.

Good luck!