Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need a foundation of how these two things are implemented. Hypervisor is one thing I could study that I know of. I can't understand the abstraction of using software ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Would love to learn about Emulators and Virtual Machines

I need a foundation of how these two things are implemented. Hypervisor is one thing I could study that I know of. I can't understand the abstraction of using software to imitate hardware. Any help or search Idea's would be greatly appreciated! I need to know the path of the data to understand what is going on.

Thanks in advance!

What are you actually asking here?
    I mean, are you asking how it works?
    Or are you wondering why it would be used?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Thanks for the Reply!

I need to know the anatomy of a Emulator and possibly a Virtual M. so I know what is involved.
    Most of the definitions of them state that they create a simulated hardware which they physically can't because your host O.S in not gong to execute foreign code on it. This definition is a really bad analogy and is completely misleading. The analogy is that I approach a incompatible host and insert a guest application(disk) and the host configures it's self to execute the guest application raw which it Obviously won't. It is a hardware only analogy which is totally inaccurate.

It would be useful if I knew that path and steps that the guest code went through to reach the hardware.

For something that detailed, I'd suggest contacting the development teams for those programs.

Maybe get in touch with either the Wine or VirtualBox dev teams, see what you can learn.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.