Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am brand new to Linux and have Lucid Puppy 5.2 for about a month. The video feed is supremely slow and sometimes non-existent. Yesterday I tried to open my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mozilla Firefox Browser Stopped Opening

I am brand new to Linux and have Lucid Puppy 5.2 for about a month. The video feed is supremely slow and sometimes non-existent. Yesterday I tried to open my Firefox browser from the desktop icon and from the Menu with no result whatsoever. The previous evening I had been on-line no problem. I did open the browser and it informed me it could not open as it was updating something. I now have no internet access and I checked with Telus and because my Optik TV was working, the internet signal in my apartment was functioning fine, so the problem lies in my OS. I did try to follow help suggestions in Puppy, but with no success. I would greatly appreciate some help getting back on-line as I use the internet for research. Thank you, tjmack62

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome aboard!

If the browser is not opening at all, try renaming the hidden .mozilla folder found in /home/your_user_name, then start Firefox. If it works, you can reclaim your bookmarks from the renamed folder before deleting it. If it doesn't work, you can change the renamed folder back to .mozilla as it originally was.

You can also try opening a terminal then starting firefox from there to see if it throws any errors that might reveal what's wrong.
    oz