Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Does anyone know how to change the font in Mozilla for the menu (file, edit, view, go, as well as the address bar)?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Mozilla font

Does anyone know how to change the font in Mozilla for the menu (file, edit, view, go, as well as the address bar)?
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Engineer
    Well, I added a package called libgtk-pixbuf2 and from since, some fonts are changed. Other changes includes graphical windows such as XMMS's loadplay list window. The graphics has been changed and while I actually like this change, the font here is the same as the Mozilla menu fonts. These fonts are so small that it's driving me mad.

Linux Guru
    In mozilla, you can change to fonts under Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Fonts.

Linux Engineer
    That changes the fonts for viewing the web page and not the font for Mozilla's menu bar. I need to find a way to edit gtk's font system. That's the real problem here.

Linux Guru
    That should be right, but I'm almost completely sure that I've changed the menu font from there some time.
    Anyway I'm pretty sure that Mozilla doesn't use GTK. They have some custom toolkit. It seems stranged that the fonts were changed when you made changes to GTK, though, and now that I'm thinking about it, my scrollbars in mozilla are themed in the same fashion as the GTK scrollbars. Even so, I'm pretty sure that Mozilla doesn't use GTK. Maybe it just integrates with it somehow. I'm not sure. Mozilla has a very big codebase and I don't know much about it.

Linux Engineer
    Any ideas on how to change gtk for other things such as XMMS (ie, loading the playlist window)? As I described earlier, this was changed too and I'm betting that once I change the setting for gtk, things will go back to normal in Mozilla since this problem is all related.

Linux Guru
    What did libgtk-pixbuf2 do?

Linux Engineer
    I only have theories as to what it did. It somehow changed things that require the use of gtk. Mozilla's menu bar font's as well as buttons are changed. XMMS's "loadplaylist window" has now changed. The window look is actually quite nice however, the font is damn to small for me to see. I'm guessing that installing that package edited some file that controls the global gtk config file that controls how everything looks. Looking through /etc/gtk/*, I see all these files but non of them have changed (looking by the date).

Linux Guru
    See if it changed your ~/.gtkrc.

Linux Engineer
    I don't know what this file looked like before but I KNOW that this is the culprit behind these hidious fonts. Everything in this file is now dealing with XFCE (I installed this which installed libgtk-pixbuf2). Since I don't know what the original file looked like, what would happen if I erased this file?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast