Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by patio87 I want a distro that is a straightforward linux that has all of the features that are expected in linux. For example, all this no xorg.conf ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Quote Originally Posted by patio87 View Post
    I want a distro that is a straightforward linux that has all of the features that are expected in linux. For example, all this no xorg.conf in Ubuntu, etc. I want a distro that is full featured but hasn't changed all the basic old school general LINUX features.
    You might find that lots of distros no longer use an xorg.conf file since xorg has been automated to not need one in most cases. Of course, users do still have the ability to add one if they prefer more control over the xserver. In fact, I still use my own xorg.conf file in all my Arch boxes.
    oz

I have to agree with MASONTX for this.
    You should browse Distrowatch and see what really looks good to you.

But since you mentioned wanting old-school Linux, Slackware and Debian come to mind
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

It's hard to make a recommendation on a distro, since we don't know exactly what you mean by "full featured but old school". Try distrowatch.com, and start at the top of the top 100 list. Look at the listing of features each distro has, and see if they meet your definition of "full featured but old school". Just remember, most features can be added or removed from a distro to make it meet your needs.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2