Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm switching from fluxbox to compiz but i still can't change the desktop right click habit for menu. I searched some forums and in this one crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic/14406/compizfusion-standalone-on with compiz-deskmenu ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

*box-like right click menu on compiz desktop

Hi,

I'm switching from fluxbox to compiz but i still can't change the desktop right click habit for menu. I searched some forums and in this one crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic/14406/compizfusion-standalone-on with compiz-deskmenu they say
    Code:
    Now that you have it installed, you have to tweak some settings in compizconfig-settings-manager/ccsm to have it open when you right-click on the desktop only. Firstly, enable the Commands by clicking on the box. Now, follow these steps (all the commands without the quotes " "):

General Options > Commands > Commands > Command line X to "compiz-boxmenu"

General Options > Commands > Key bindings > Run command X to "<Control>space" Optional

Viewport Switcher > Desktop-based Viewport Switching > Plugin for initiate action to "commands"

Viewport Switcher > Desktop-based Viewport Switching > Action name for initiate to "run_commandX_key"

Viewport Switcher > Desktop-based Viewport Switching > Initiate Plugin Action to "button 3" (this can be another button, for example button 2 for middle-click)
    I did that, but nothing shows up.
    Now here comes the strange part:
    --if i replace the command with anything else like "urxvt", well it works a terminal appears everythime i right click on the menu
    --running compiz-deskmenu from terminal is fine, i can see the menu pop up

So any suggestions ? thanks.

Just Joined!

[SOLVED] *box-like right click menu on compiz desktop

Solved using compiz-boxmenu.