Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm building a linux image for i.MX28 MCU (ARM9), with LTIB from freescale. I noticed that some parameters of the kernel configuration that I selected from menuconfig or manually ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question LTIB resets my kernel config, while compiling

Hello, I'm building a linux image for i.MX28 MCU (ARM9), with LTIB from freescale. I noticed that some parameters of the kernel configuration that I selected from menuconfig or manually selected (editing the config file) are not present in a kernel that I build.

I did some debugging, and found that "scripts/kconfig/conf -o arch/arm/Kconfig" command right at the beginning of the build process resets some kernel settings.

Any way to fix this?

Here is how it looks like:
    Code:
    + cp -f /home/max/imx28/ltib/config/platform/imx/imx28evk_defconfig.dev ./.config
    + make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE= HOSTCC=ccache /usr/bin/gcc -B/usr/bin/ oldconfig
    + yes 
    scripts/kconfig/conf -o arch/arm/Kconfig
    #
    # configuration written to .config
    #
    + [ -f /home/max/imx28/ltib/config/platform/imx/imx28evk_defconfig.dev ]
    + diff -q ./.config /home/max/imx28/ltib/config/platform/imx/imx28evk_defconfig.dev
    Files ./.config and /home/max/imx28/ltib/config/platform/imx/imx28evk_defconfig.dev differ
    + cp -f ./.config /home/max/imx28/ltib/config/platform/imx/imx28evk_defconfig.dev

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Is it possible that the settings that were changed are not valid (as you set them) for the kernel you are building? Or the cross-compiler you are using? I am assuming you are building the kernel on a non-ARM host. Or are you building directly on the target board?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the suggestion rubberman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Is it possible that the settings that were changed are not valid (as you set them) for the kernel you are building?
    Well, I've got kernel config file, along with built kernel from freescale fae, who built the kernel, using same version of the LTIB, but for ubuntu 10 (I'm using 11). I also tried to do the build under Ubuntu 9 VM, configured and provided by freescale, and got same results.

Or the cross-compiler you are using? I am assuming you are building the kernel on a non-ARM host. Or are you building directly on the target board?
    I'm using Ubuntu 11.04/VirtualBox also validated under Ubuntu 9 (VMWare).

I'll ping freescale support regarding this issue.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I'll ping freescale support regarding this issue.
    Sounds like a plan. Good luck.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!