Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys I dont think im really aloaded to do this but I have a script for my couse im doing I dont want the anwesrs to all of them ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Shell Script

Hey guys I dont think im really aloaded to do this but I have a script for my couse im doing I dont want the anwesrs to all of them but was wonding if you guys could get me started im sure once I have that I sould be fine.

Ask for a username, and find all files that belong to this user. Copy these files to /tmp/username, where username is replaced by the provided username. Then produce a compressed tar archive of these files, and copy this archive to the username’s home folder. The script should validate that this user’s home folder exists, andact accordingly.

Im not very good at this im sure its a easy script I just need to do this so I can pass the rest of the paper.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane666 View Post
    I dont think im really aloaded to do this but I have a script for my couse im doing I dont want the anwesrs to all of them but was wonding if you guys could get me started im sure once I have that I sould be fine.
    Hello

You can check the following guide to get you started:

Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide

I'll go ahead and lock this since homework questions are not allowed on the forums.

Good luck with the course.
    oz