Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Pockets64 If the account already exists, look into usermod. Thanks. I read the manual for usermod . Am I correct that this command will add the user ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets64 View Post
    If the account already exists, look into usermod.
    Thanks. I read the manual for usermod. Am I correct that this command will add the user me and www-data to the group somegroup?
    usermod -a -G somegroup me
    usermod -a -G somegroup www-data

alf55,
    Immeditalty remove
    (One could see enter, leave, and sleep as alternate the the file permissions of read, write, and execute. But that is another story.)
    from your manual.
    Never throw unnecessary information to someone thats trying to get their head around something. It does nothing but make it harder for them. Trust me, I use to be a telemarketer.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolusion View Post
    Thanks. I read the manual for usermod. Am I correct that this command will add the user me and www-data to the group somegroup?
    usermod -a -G somegroup me
    usermod -a -G somegroup www-data

alf55,
    Immeditalty remove from your manual.
    Never throw unnecessary information to someone thats trying to get their head around something. It does nothing but make it harder for them. Trust me, I use to be a telemarketer.
    The last argument to "usermod" is the username for the account and it looks like you have it missing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2