Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey there guys, I'm quite new to Linux so I'm not sure where to start with this problem but here is it ... Currently I have a server, that is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post Install Windows Via Linux

Hey there guys,
    I'm quite new to Linux so I'm not sure where to start with this problem but here is it ...

Currently I have a server, that is controlled remotely (using RDP). The provider of this servers allows Linux (many distro's), CentOS, solaris and Windows server 08.
    Now all of them are free apart from windows which is a monthly cost additionally.
    Now I have a version of Windows on CD and wanting to install this remotely without any interaction with the unit it's self.

So if I was to have them setup linux is there anyway of managing the install of this?

At first I thought I'd be able to use virtualization to install the OS on a shared drive between my computer and the server (which through testing i've been able to do) and then change Linux's boot lilo to boot from that but I've no idea on how to go about that or if it's possible in linux to change that.

Thank you

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You can use that CD to install Windows in a virtual machine. Do you have permissions to create a new VM on this host/server?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Hi there Rubberman,
    Yes I'm able to create a VM on the server, but the problem with that is that I'd still need a way of making that the default boot OS without BOIS level with remote desktop access.