Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is it possible in Linux (Im currently running Red Hat 7.3) to bind 2 Network cards that are exactly the same to the same IP address I know how to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Bindings- Nics

Is it possible in Linux (Im currently running Red Hat 7.3) to bind 2 Network cards that are exactly the same to the same IP address

I know how to do this in windows but being able to do this in linux has me somewhat confused.

Thanks

Linux User
    just a thought , but why would you want to bind 2 different network cards to the same ip in the first place?

Just Joined!
    I want to be able to share the load of the network activity between 2 or 3 network cards

Just looking into possibilities - Also thought about Gigabit Network Switch and card- but 2 expensive

Linux Engineer
    Yes its possible, but you must have a teaming/bounding driver for your network interfaces...you can use fault tolerance or performance team:s depending on what you want, you can check on how i teamed 2nics on a compaq proliant server on my site.

http://www.utterberg.com/

Regards
    Regards

Andutt

Just Joined!
    As i havent actually purchased any network cards yest - is there any cards that anybody could recommend???

Just Joined!
    I really like SMC cards, but that's just cuz they're dirty cheap and very very compatible with every OS I've used, ever. And I've never had one go bad on me. In my history of NICs (like 25'ish) I've only had one go out.... That happens when you drop then 10 feet onto your hard granite floor, and that one was a d-link.

Linux Engineer
    When your are checking around now so make sure the the nics supports to work in team.

Regards
    Regards

Andutt

Linux Engineer
    When your are checking around now so make sure that the nics you are choosing supports to work in team.

Regards
    Regards

Andutt