Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Linuxforums.org I've just received a wireless router, a TP-link MR3220 with 3G(3.75) USB compability with it. Im running a server with ClearOS and a desktop with Ubuntu and would ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unix for 3G router

Hello Linuxforums.org

I've just received a wireless router, a TP-link MR3220 with 3G(3.75) USB compability with it. Im running a server with ClearOS and a desktop with Ubuntu and would like to follow up that opensource tradition by embedding the router with opensource software.
    The thing is just that i've been searching for distributions to put on the hardware and found dd-wrt.com which seemed quite good a choice for routers. Its just that they do not support my router with the 3G USB thingy attached so i went searching some more for additional options including basis for the architecture Atheros AR9287 and AR7241 but could not find any distributions that supported those hardwares including the USB.
    So my question is if there is someone who has an option i might consider to make my router get unixbased software or does it look like i have to stick to the firmware and hope for the best in the future?

regards

Michaelr

Trusted Penguin
    That made me think of the Tomato router OS, though I didn't know that it would be compatible w/your new router. Visiting their site makes me think the answer is "No", but they kindly list some other router OS options at the bottom of the page - maybe one will work, or give you ideas?

Tomato Firmware | polarcloud.com

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You might want to try OpenWRT which is another Linux router distribution. It does support some USB 3g devices. See this wiki page for information and/or links: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/3gdongle
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close