Find the answer to your Linux question:
Where can i download the SuSE 8.2 pro ISO images??...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Zig
    Just Joined!

SuSE 8.2

Where can i download the SuSE 8.2 pro ISO images??

Linux Guru

I don't mean to flame, and I'll try my best to be as nice as possible, but someone who is thinking of installing SuSE 8.2 should be able to go to www.suse.com and browse to an image download, or google for SuSE ISOs. Just a tip for forum posting (there was a post on this from either J or FLW, but I couldn't find it): being a n00b is not the same as being ignorant. Google is the best way to answer your problems. Google til you can google no further, then ask in a forum. Any other bigger/meaner forum would flame you to hell and back for this post...no hard feelings here...just want to help you into the linux/forum/doing **** for yourself and not relying on M$ to do it for your world.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by sarumont
    I don't mean to flame, and I'll try my best to be as nice as possible, but someone who is thinking of installing SuSE 8.2 should be able to go to www.suse.com and browse to an image download, or google for SuSE ISOs. Just a tip for forum posting (there was a post on this from either J or FLW, but I couldn't find it): being a n00b is not the same as being ignorant. Google is the best way to answer your problems. Google til you can google no further, then ask in a forum. Any other bigger/meaner forum would flame you to hell and back for this post...no hard feelings here...just want to help you into the linux/forum/doing **** for yourself and not relying on M$ to do it for your world.
    I do basically agree with what you are saying, but i had a look on the SuSE site, and found it very hard to find the information that i wanted. SuSE seem more interested in selling you linux than giving it to you free

Jason

I saw the link to downloads on the front page in the "Home User" column, fairly easy to find, but that seems to be the only way to get to their mirror list...damn capitalism.

Zig
    Just Joined!
    Sorry if my question was not correct for the forum. I look in google before posting the question but i cant find the isos. Maybe i dont know where to look. I been using linux for 8 months, i ve tried Mandrake and Red Hat. I am using red hat now but i read some good reviews of suse and i like to try it.

Sorry for the bad english. And once again sorry for the question.

Thanks

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig
    Sorry if my question was not correct for the forum. I look in google before posting the question but i cant find the isos. Maybe i dont know where to look. I been using linux for 8 months, i ve tried Mandrake and Red Hat. I am using red hat now but i read some good reviews of suse and i like to try it.

Sorry for the bad english. And once again sorry for the question.

Thanks
    No probs dude, like i say, i couldnt see it on the SuSE site either

I knew mirror.ac.uk had suse, as i download a lot of stuff from that server.

Jason

flw
    Linux Engineer
    If you tried searching for the answer, there is no reason to be sorry for the question, that's why were all here.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Yeah...there's no shame in asking if you've searched for the answer, it just didn't seem that way from your initial question. My apologies.

Just Joined!
    I was reading on there site and some other sites about Suse 8.2 and they will not release the ISO's for 8.2 untill after they come out with the next major update. So if you are installing 8.2 from nothing you have to download there 19meg FTP boot CD and install it that way.