Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i installed Mint on my laptop but it told me i cannot install bootloader on C where my pirated windows 7 is, because that windows also has some kind ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question where`s that mint?

Hi, i installed Mint on my laptop but it told me i cannot install bootloader on C where my pirated windows 7 is, because that windows also has some kind of a loader which asks you in what mode you want to start. So i installed bootloader on the other partition, and i cannot boot that Mint anyhow, as it is invisible to windows and bios. Its not a big problem but i feel stupid as i just lost 50 gigs of space on unbootable os. Any suggestions how to enable it for a dual boot or delete it? THANKS

This is how my disk now looks like i dont quite get it. c,d,e are windows
    Attached Images Attached Images

I choose not to comment on your pirated Windows 7.

However, if you want to check your Mint if it was properlly installed, please boot using a Live CD of the same distro and post the output of

Code:
    $ sudo fdisk -l
    here please.
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

When you installed Mint did you choose the option to install along side another OS? There should be three options.
    1) Install Mint only.
    2) Install along another OS.
    3) do something else.

I am not for sure on the exact wording but its similar to this.

Just Joined!
    Mint if tottaly healhty I am running it now, its is even MUCH better graphicaly than SUSE 12.1 on my desktop (laptop: Intel HD2000-Mesa driver, desktop AMD HD4250-radeonhd driver)

if found a solution around it without the mint disc, i put grub 2 disc when i turn on the laptop and either mark "detect any OS" or "detect any GRUB" and than I can choose the OS (first case) or it sees only Mint (second one)

so, is there any way to make this permanent, without the CD, i meen to make computer see both OS? Windows bootloader is on the different partition than where i installed Mint and it is also has GRUB with command line options (which i dont know how to use) but interestingly GRUB 2 disc cant see it.

this is only a very minor nuisance, and if i have to download and burn mint again do cd to fix it i can if someone tells me how

thansk for all

Just Joined!
    IMO, the simplest way to do it is this:

1) When you install your distro, make a separate /boot partition.
    2) Install GRUB to that partition and not to the MBR.
    3) Use EasyBCD to add a boot entry for your GRUB partition in the Windows boot loader.

Just Joined!
    thanks all