Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
I had a similar problem and all it was, was that the partition was full and there wasn't enough space to write. Check how full the partition is... Code: df ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I had a similar problem and all it was, was that the partition was full and there wasn't enough space to write. Check how full the partition is...
    Code:
    df
    Hope this helps.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    No, it's not the case here. my disk is 1.8TB and only 58% is used... it may have to do with the file system and the way the files were copied. I started this disk on an NTFS and all files copied via Windows. I am using it connected to a WDTVLive streamer running on Linux, so it may be a strange environment to achieve what I am set to, so it's a good exercise but may be futile...

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by gedit View Post
    I used "mount" to get the info. Here is what I got for the particular drive (it's a USB drive):
    /dev/sda1 on /tmp/media/usb/USB2/62D8B378D8B34955 type ufsd (rw,noatime,nodiratime,nls=utf8,uid=0,gid=0,fmask= 0,dmask=0,sparse)
    I've never heard of a "ufsd" filesystem before so I Google'd a bit and mostly found links to a product from a company called Paragon Software Group. In particular it's mentioned with respect to something they offer for people that want NTFS filesystems that Linux can use with full read-write access. So whatever is going on is probably related to how that software works more than anything else. My suggestion is to get another disk, formatted using a native Linux filesystem, copy all the media from the "ufds" disk to the new disk, then use the new disk for the media streaming system.
    ktech11 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2