Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is a dual question. I will start of with what my ideal would be and I ask if it is even possible: I want my Calibre ebook library to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Calibre on Linux

This is a dual question. I will start of with what my ideal would be and I ask if it is even possible: I want my Calibre ebook library to be sharable between many computers. I was trying to think about ways of doing this (media server, calibre portable, put files on usb drive) and then I wondered if I would put and easily maintainable linux on a usb drive and have calibre as the only program on it. It would have to be made so that it doesn't get installed on the hdd but everything stays on the usb drive.

Now, I think this would be possible. However, which distro would be best? My first thought was ubuntu but it is very cluttered with unnecessary stuff and new versions come out frequently...any suggestions? Also, tutorials would be nice.

Thanks!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I use Calibre on my RHEL 6 clone system, and used it on RHEL 5 previously. Works just fine. You should be able to put the installation in a sharable (nfs or samba) directory I would think. You may have to tweak the calibre user configuration file(s) so they look in the right place.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    I have my Calibre directory on my media server and use sshfs on my remote computers to mount to mount the directory. This works great, especially when I'm away from home and want to do some reading on my laptop.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close