Results 1 to 2 of 2
Hi Guys, First of All thanks in Advance I am a newbie in linux, not even seen how linux looks like but i am fascinated by the cost linux servers ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 08-18-2012 #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
Need Info to transfer mailing from windows to linus platform
First of All thanks in Advance
I am a newbie in linux, not even seen how linux looks like
but i am fascinated by the cost linux servers are offering
Currently we are using windows servers for hosting a mail sending program, and its working very fine, only problem is its 3 times costilier than the linux
i need the help of you people to transfer my mail manageing domian from windows to Linux platform and thus saving my hard earned money
The process, which we are following right now
Local Server Installed with
- SQL Server (for Databases Storage)
- Visual Basic (For Programing)
- ASP Email (for Producing Email Files)
Web Servers Installed with
- Same Asp Email (for Sending the mails)
- Using VB Application and Sql Server, some set of Email files (Time Stamped) are produced at the Local Server (DateWise)
- After that Email Files are transferred to the Web Server manually
- ASP Email program at the Web Server keep Sending the mails at the time stamped with the E-mail
I want to have all this task to be turned to Linux Platform
Local Platform can be changed to linux, if really required
Web Servers are easily available
I need Help and info on this Topic
Kindly help me
Thanks & Regards
- 08-28-2012 #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!