Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all I had Windows 7 on my laptop and then I installed Ubuntu 11.04 server edition on my hard disk (Dual booting). After that, my work with the linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux (ubuntu 11.04) is not removed from my system?!

Hi all

I had Windows 7 on my laptop and then I installed Ubuntu 11.04 server edition on my hard disk (Dual booting).
    After that, my work with the linux finished and I removed it using the Windows partition manager!
    I expected that the linux to be removed completely from the hard disk,
    But now, when the system boots, the GRUB boot menu is appeared and there is no Windows option to select!

Then, I can't boot into Windows because it is hidden and also the GRUB is shown (However, I removed the linux using partition manager!)

My Questions:

How could the linux be cleaned from the disk completely and How could the Windows be appeared as a boot option upon turning on the system?

Please help me.

TIA

Linux Guru
    Did you have Ubuntu on a separate partition or did you do a wubi install?
    When you had Ubuntu, which bootloader did you use, the Ubuntu Grub or windows bootloader?
    If you were booting both with Grub and deleted the Ubuntu partition, most of the Grub files used to boot were on the partition you deleted. I'm not sure that is the case as you state you see a Grub menu now with no windows option. Did you have one before? Or do you actually see a Grub menu? or just some Grub error/message?

If you still have the Ubuntu or any Linux Live CD, boot it up go to the site below, read the instructions for using the bootinfoscript, download it and run it and post the output which should be a results.txt file. This will give detailed information on your partitions and boot files:

Boot Info Script | Free System Administration software downloads at SourceForge.net