Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, im very new to linux i have a netbook which is currently running only fedora and have now decided that i want it to dual boot with xp and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trying to change a netbook which just has fedora so it dual boots xp

Hi, im very new to linux i have a netbook which is currently running only fedora and have now decided that i want it to dual boot with xp and fedora.
    From what i have read so far it looks like it can be done if you already have xp on the computer but i dont. I made a bootable usb with xp but i keep getting a hal.dll error.

Would someone be able to help me out with the process of how to do this correctly.

I guess I would re-format the disk creating a partition for Windows, a partition for Fedora and a small swap partition. Then I would install Windows onto the first partiton. Once completed I would install Fedora onto the second partition. Grub *should* take care of the dual booting. Done.
    Glenn