Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI Still do not know if I an punched, bored or reemed as yet! But have installed Antix onto a small eeepc netbook. It seems to be okay. Also installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Brother printer

HI

Still do not know if I an punched, bored or reemed as yet!

But have installed Antix onto a small eeepc netbook. It seems to be okay. Also installed glabels. which again appears to be okay, BUT

Installed Brother MFC J5910DW as a generix printer via usb. It shows in the printer section as installed and appeares to be okay. Just one minor problem it does not print.

No error messages received. The print job just sits in on the printer job list

I also cannot get the computer to recogoniso a bluetooth dongle even though the booth indicates bluetooth driver installed?

Any ideas?

There is a Brother 'universal' linux driver installer which I used to install drivers for a Brother MFC-240C yesterday.
    I will post the details asap, don't have them on me now.
    It worked perfectly, which is a surpise for any driver install!

Edit:
    The driver can be found here:
    http://www.brother.com/cgi-bin/agree...ng=English_lpr
    Right-click on "I Accept", Save Link As, then select your normal download destination.
    When done, open the destination folder (eg: Downloads), and extract/uncompress the file you have just downloaded.
    Right click on the uncompressed file, select properties, and check that the 'executable' bit is set for the file (ie: you want to make sure that it IS executable).
    Double-click to run it, and select 'Run In Terminal'.
    Should be straight forward from now on.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by reginaldperrin; 08-28-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Added more how-to text