Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using a lot in my work gnome's terminal and i all the time ssh over into remote hosts. I wanna find out if there are any tools or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Tools for gnome terminal ??

I am using a lot in my work gnome's terminal and i all the time ssh over into remote hosts. I wanna find out if there are any tools or plugins i can install to add special functions.

For example it would be great if i am in a remote session and by clicking a button or by opening a menu with a right click to open a new terminal or tab with the same connection to replicate without having to open a new shell and type out "ssh user AT host " ... or to save session info for a quick connect ..

like some tools do in windows ex. SecureCRT etc.etc.

Or in general to add functions to the terminal..
    Last edited by alexoracle2004; 09-18-2012 at 09:38 PM.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, you could script it with a bash script and add that to your toolbar. Then, just click on it, and there your are! Of course, if the remote system requires a userid and password, you still will have to input that.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    i thought this but is not something that is comfortable... but thx for your input!

Just Joined!
    i found the perfect tool that will help a lot of ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its name : PAC Manager <---- google it because i can not post links....

Linux's SecureCRT !!!!!