Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i installed linuxmint maya 13 64 bit KDE DVD version on my PC and want to buy a usb wlan stick. Some sticks do not work / are hard ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question linuxmint & usb wlan

Hi,

i installed linuxmint maya 13 64 bit KDE DVD version on my PC and want to buy a usb wlan stick.

Some sticks do not work / are hard to configure because there are no drivers or they are old or only 32 bit .

Do you know a stick that will directly work with this linux distibution without a complicated setup?

This article should be helpful: Linux compatible USB wireless adapters - 2012
    I note that the author does not specifically say the wireless devices he describes work on 64-bit systems, but since he says they are basically "plug and play" devices, I expect your Linux kernel will supply the necessary drivers.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyxos View Post
    Hi,

i installed linuxmint maya 13 64 bit KDE DVD version on my PC and want to buy a usb wlan stick.

Some sticks do not work / are hard to configure because there are no drivers or they are old or only 32 bit .

Do you know a stick that will directly work with this linux distibution without a complicated setup?
    It has worked for me on both 32 and 64 BIT. I used to have a Tmobile Huwaei stick in 2011 and it worked just like that (plug and play) No additional setup required.