Results 1 to 3 of 3
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
Need to make a virtual server to practice on
Last edited by Stoneless; 10-29-2012 at 05:45 AM.
here is a small tutorial of a simple server installation with centos
The Perfect Server - CentOS 6.3 x86_64 (Apache2, Courier, ISPConfig 3) | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials
and once you have centos running you can put sendmail on it
Configuring Sendmail SMTP server on CentOS & Scientific Linux | Unixmen
- Join Date
- May 2011
Hello and welcome!
- Install and configure a web server (Apache)
- Install and configure the firewall (iptables)
- Install and configure an NFS server for exporting directories to NFS clients
- Install and configure Samba for sharing resources with Windows (and other) clients. In particular, set up sharing of home directories and printing
- Install and configure Email (you got that already)
- Set up LDAP directory authentication (not for the feint of heart...)
- Enable and configure SELinux (also not for the feint...)
- Configure auditd, if SELinux is too much for starters
- Familiarize yourself with package management (rpm, yum, gpk-update-viewer) and do a full system update
- Set up a virus scanner (some think..but it is Linux! well, if you have Windows users accessing via Samba, or are using as an Email gateway...you get the idea) - check out ClamAV or AVG
That oughta get you rollin'
Also forgot to mention i am a total newb in linux.