Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am asking my first question in years and if I'm repeating a question (I couldn't find... in other forums), please know I've lurked boards for hours for months, I've ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

settings-schemas problem at boot

I am asking my first question in years and if I'm repeating a question (I couldn't find... in other forums), please know I've lurked boards for hours for months, I've typed everything from a command prompt to learn the system, I've learned to use source, manually do things through terminal so I could learn the the way the system operates, etc. I've been trying to get away from Windows for some time and after months of getting my system where I wanted it, I did several great things... And a huge problem. I installed a virtualbox and setup with base WinXP (just to sync iTunes), I bought TuneSwift from CopyTrans and made a perfect clone of my iTunes account, I was cleaning up the system, and I was getting everything perfect to clone... I've learned a lot and have spent many hourse looking for answers to any problem that comes up but I can't find the answer this time and would love any input... I ran BleachBit and afterwards (with no setting changed from usual), I can't boot... This is the screen I receive each time: i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t428/skinscalps/photo.jpg . I was getting ready to clone my drive because I was finally satisfied and was performing cleanup.

How can I get past this to get my desktop back? This comes up at boot and can't find a way around it. Any help is appreciated...

Over the last few years, I've gone from using suse to linux mint cinnamon (last month).. I'm used to rpms and yast so I have a learning curve with Debian... I'm learning a new system from the ground up and like it but I don't remember having near the problems with suse... I'm hanging in there and transitioning but might need some additional help...

Press Alt+Ctrl+F3. Does it switch to tty3? If it does then execute df -h and free commands to check available free space.
    Post the output of these commands here :
    Code:
    df -h
    free
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    Press Alt+Ctrl+F3. Does it switch to tty3? If it does then execute df -h and free commands to check available free space.
    Post the output of these commands here :
    Code:
    df -h
    free
    Thanks for the reply! The command issues this:
    FileSystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted On
    /dev/sda7 90G 22G 64G 26% /
    udev 3.9G 4.0K 3.9G 1% /dev
    tmpfs 1.6G 1016K 1.6G 1% /run
    none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    none 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /run/shm
    /dev/sda6 20G 921M 19G 5% /home

Just Joined!
    I wasn't aware of ctr+alt+f3 and like I said, I've relied on rpms and yast for so long... I'm trying to learn the technical end. I got to the prompt and ran update and upgrade. libglib2.0 was installed. Not sure why it wasn't there and why BleachBit would remove it but nonetheless, it's back and so is my system...