Find the answer to your Linux question:
Here is the setup, I have a Raspberry Pi running Debian Wheezy, a USB keyboard and mouse hooked to it, it's connected to the network through Ethernet, and I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VNC between iPad and Raspberry Pi

Here is the setup, I have a Raspberry Pi running Debian Wheezy, a USB keyboard and mouse hooked to it, it's connected to the network through Ethernet, and I have an iPad.

What I want is to use the iPad as a monitor via ssh and VNC. I have managed to ssh and VNC into the Pi via ssh and vncserver on the Pi and Remoter VNC on the iPad.

The problem I'm having is that once I connect to the Pi I can only use the keyboard and mouse function on my iPad. I want to only use the iPad as a monitor and use the USB keyboard and mouse that's plugged into my Pi for input. I have a computer running Ubuntu at home and once I log in via x11vnc I can use either my iPad OR the keyboard and mouse.

I've tried running vncserver with the viewonly command with no success, then I can't do anything.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Linux Newbie
    I do not know if this might help, but is all I know. You can install on both boxes teamviewer and configure it for it to show cursor on current screen (iPad Teamviewer's settings).

Assuming Pi's hardware will support application and even though TeamViewer's purposes are others, it may do the trick.

Hope I could help. Thank you.

PS: I would recommend you moving the thread to Hardware or Networking.