Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have problem i am studying in elite school and need to do homework. our teacher like a with so i want to understand this and for really i need ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy my bad day with linux

i have problem i am studying in elite school and need to do homework. our teacher like a with so i want to understand this and for really i need some help.

First i must create a folder with extension name.lastname.bcp ok i read about it touch -f myname.lastname.bcp its that true?

second Make a script that creates a folder / var/log/apache2 / backup.

third script to check whether it is after a successful backup, the previous backup files, if it is, then delete it. NB Last BCP to remain successful.

P.S Sorry for my bad language i am turkish

and the last one Make a folder you have created a file name.lastname.hist where you direct the session history. If it should happen that you session is interrupted, then do another session file in the same name, which ends with ".2"

Please help me i am good man i search in the web but i found nothing.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

Post your code and maybe someone can help you find any errors in it. Otherwise, homework questions are not allowed on the forums:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ums-rules.html

If you need some quick and easy lessons on scripting, take a look at the LinuxCommand.org website.

Good luck with your class!
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by newbieuser View Post
    i have problem i am studying in elite school and need to do homework. our teacher like a with so i want to understand this and for really i need some help.

First i must create a folder with extension name.lastname.bcp ok i read about it touch -f myname.lastname.bcp its that true?

second Make a script that creates a folder / var/log/apache2 / backup.

third script to check whether it is after a successful backup, the previous backup files, if it is, then delete it. NB Last BCP to remain successful.

P.S Sorry for my bad language i am turkish

and the last one Make a folder you have created a file name.lastname.hist where you direct the session history. If it should happen that you session is interrupted, then do another session file in the same name, which ends with ".2"

Please help me i am good man i search in the web but i found nothing.
    1 - make a folder with name.lastname.bcp mkdir name.lastname.bcp <<< If you couldn't get that one, you're in trouble..Being in "elite" school and everything..

2 - vi a2backupscript.sh
    inside the a2backupscript.sh file, add this:

#!/bin/bash
    mkdir -p /var/log/apache2/backup

Save the file and quit

Now, to run the script, set permissions first:
    chmod 777 a2backupscript.sh
    Run the script:
    ./a2backupscript.sh

You should now have a directory /var/log/apache2/backup

I am having trouble understanding the rest, lol

3. If the backup directory was created successful, delete it? Why?