Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am using squid server to monitor internet usage and I want to check whether any user has initiated a torrent download or not through whichever torrent client. What ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to setup proxy to find torrent download initiation

Hi,

I am using squid server to monitor internet usage and I want to check whether any user has initiated a torrent download or not through whichever torrent client. What I have already tried is to check for "announce" keyword in access.log, as in any IP which initiates a torrent download would have announce keyword in proxy logs. But this does not work always. Please suggest me some other solution.

Just Joined!
    I think you could try installing torrent client on your computer and try downloading something, at the same time check squid logs of what happens.

Just Joined!
    See I am also facing the same problem. The torrent clients are not working through squid proxy server. I opened all the ports. But still its not working. What could be the reason???? (In torrent clients we have the option for giving proxy. But proxy servers are not permitting the traffic. I did lot of research But unfortunately i did not get any better solutions...