Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've had enough in the last 24h now on my problems on the display drivers. Nvidia 670 here is the topic, and if just one replies everyone else seems to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs up Linux that works out of the box

I've had enough in the last 24h now on my problems on the display drivers. Nvidia 670
    here is the topic, and if just one replies everyone else seems to be too scared to check in (really cannot remmeber this site to be like that in the old days, admin bullying or something to get ego ?) http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/min...h-install.html
    I just want one distro, that takes nvidia drivers good, or where i can resize the window down so it fits into my monitor.

This is my last call for hope out and i'm getting fustrated.

going to finish the movie i began 5 hours ago and check in here and off to bed.

PS: if you see someone else have replied, don't be scared, just post your own opinion also. I've googled all day long now also so I want YOUR opinion and help. newbie, good or elite. it's all worth it in the long term!

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juukamen View Post
    I've had enough in the last 24h now on my problems on the display drivers. Nvidia 670
    here is the topic, and if just one replies everyone else seems to be too scared to check in (really cannot remember. this site to be like that in the old days, admin bullying or something to get ego ?) http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/min...h-install.html
    I just want one distro, that takes nvidia drivers good, or where i can resize the window down so it fits into my monitor.

This is my last call for hope out and i'm getting frustrated.

going to finish the movie i began 5 hours ago and check in here and off to bed.

PS: if you see someone else have replied, don't be scared, just post your own opinion also. I've googled all day long now also so I want YOUR opinion and help. newbie, good or elite. it's all worth it in the long term!
    I don't know why you are having issues. I have installed Linux on many machines (notebooks, desktops, and servers) about even split in the notebooks and desktops having ATI and NVIDIA drivers (servers usually had Intel) and have never had an issue other than needing to install the NVIDIA or ATI driver after the basic install has completed. However, I do not use Ubuntu to install my Linux. My notebook that I am using to answer has the "NVIDIA Corporation GF106 [GeForce GTX 460M]" video card and it works (with dual monitors even when the dual monitor is a projector). The only issue is installing the NVIDIA driver after installing a new kernel (as I forget until the reboot of the machine days later).

Quote Originally Posted by juukamen
    You have to install driver for Nvidia/ATI cards in every distro. Display depends on Graphics Card as well as Monitor. Default settings for Monitor and one-click driver installation of Graphics card work fine most of the time but in a few cases, one has to configure both Monitor and Graphics Card manually.

Quote Originally Posted by juukamen
    here is the topic, and if just one replies everyone else seems to be too scared to check in (really cannot remmeber this site to be like that in the old days, admin bullying or something to get ego ?) http://min...h-install.html

This is my last call for hope out and i'm getting fustrated.
    I can understand your frustration. Have patience. Everybody helping here voluntarily. Nobody is before forced to post suggestions or getting paid for that.
    Problem you are facing is not common these days and if someone knows solution or have suggestion, he/she will definitely chime in other thread of yours.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close