Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
I have decided to install zorin 6.1 core to have some taste of linux allong with my windos7 ultimate, pliz provide some info how to install, last time i have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

zorin installation

I have decided to install zorin 6.1 core to have some taste of linux allong with my windos7 ultimate, pliz provide some info how to install, last time i have problem with installing linux linpus that came allong with my lap.

Linux Guru
    Check their web site below which has instructions:

Zorin OS - Frequently Asked Questions

If that doesn't do it, you can google installing zorin os. Since it is based on Ubuntu, you could probably use any tutorial for dual-booting Ubuntu/windows as the steps will be the same.

Hello and Welcome!
    The link that yancek posted gives some very straight-forward instructions. SO that would be a great place to start.
    For now, I'll simply add that you should pay close attention during the partitioning step of the installation, so that you don't over-write your Windows install.
    Of course, backing up your important data first is a great precaution.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    i can,t even boot the OS from both disc and from pendrive. any advice on this

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Malemnganba View Post
    i can,t even boot the OS from both disc and from pendrive. any advice on this
    Hello and welcome aboard!

You'll need to help others here to help you by supplying information such as "why" you can't boot from disc or pendrive. What exactly is happening when you try to boot? Are you getting error messages? If so, you'll need to post them. If your machine starts smoking and throwing sparks at each attempt to install Linux, you'll need to reveal that. Otherwise, our members are unable to effectively help you.
    jayd512 likes this.
    oz

Linux Guru
    At which of the 9 steps in the link for Zorin install I posted do you have problems? and what warning/error messages do you get?

Just Joined!
    there is not even a single error massage displayed, here is what i did
    1. download the os using IDman
    2. burn it to a blank dvd using nero data burn
    3. restart my lap and do boot set up and made to boot from disc but instead of zorin after some seconds about 10 sec the windows started
    4. thinking that the downloaded file need to be extracted, i extracted it and copy it into a usb and tried to boot from it, but again windows started
    5. assuming there might be an error in my set up i put window 8 disc and try to boot but it works
    6. again i cancelled the win8 installation and boot win7 from usb, it works,
    there is no error massage, so i didn,t mention anything, pliz any solution, i want to use zorin

oz
    forum.guy
    Not certain, but it sounds like you are not properly burning the iso file to disk or pendrive as an image. Check the following article for the steps to properly download and burn iso files to disk as an image:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html

Note that you can't simply copy the iso file to the disk, nor do you extract it manually. The iso burning software will handle the extraction automatically, and it will make the disk bootable, so don't do that yourself, either.
    oz

Just Joined!
    "copied to usb" it should be pendrive, sorry for this

Just Joined!
    ok, will try now it self

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast