Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Im new to linux, in fact ive really only used it once. A while ago i installed Unbuntu, but for some odd reason the grub menu that let ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems with hard disks and linux

Hi all,
    Im new to linux, in fact ive really only used it once.
    A while ago i installed Unbuntu, but for some odd reason the grub menu that let me boot to it stopped popping up, so i just went on doing what i do on a compuer in windows. But i decided that i wanted to try again, and this installed the Mint distritubtion.

But after i installed, i kept getting told i have no free space on my hard disk. Im using two hard disks, each 40gb, one is completely empty, while the other only has arohnd 3gb of data or so. I think the reasons it says i have no free space is because it was partitioned correctly, but i have no idea how fix. Any help would be greatly apprecieated, and thank you for reading!

Linux Guru
    Boot the Mint system, open a terminal and type in the following command: sudo fdisk -l(Lower case Letter L in the command) and post the output here which will show drive/partition infromation. Also run the command: df -h and post the output which shows size, used and available space on mounted partitions.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply, i apprecieate it greatly, however i tred reinstalling the OS from a live usb disk and it worked! Im running linux and love it! And i also realized this just now, but i had accidentally made the drive i wanted to install to a live disk! Anyways, thanks again, ad im positive that information will come in handy.