Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by monere And for point no.3: it's only the simple numerical pad that's on the right hand side of keyboard. It doesn't work no matter what key I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by monere View Post
    And for point no.3: it's only the simple numerical pad that's on the right hand side of keyboard. It doesn't work no matter what key I press.
    The only thing I can think of off-hand is to check your fn keys. I've seen a few keyboards that have some pretty odd preset functions.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I've seen some distros where the sound is muted by default. I can't for the life of me recall if Mint was one of them though.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    I've seen some distros where the sound is muted by default. I can't for the life of me recall if Mint was one of them though.
    It probably is
    But now I am typing this from a new, fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 i386 and there still is no sound. It's driving me nuts already. I begin to believe I will never have sound in Linux. Back for me to Google to see if others have had sound issues with ANY linux distro for the Creative Soundblaster Xfi Xtreme Audio (or any Creative SB Xfi card for that matter) card, and see what they did about it

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    The only thing I can think of off-hand is to check your fn keys. I've seen a few keyboards that have some pretty odd preset functions.
    Sorry pal I don't know what fn keys are. I only have a MODE key symetrically aligned with the ESC key (on the other end of the keyboard that is, but just in line with the ESC key) that I NEVER used since I got this keyboard (2-3 years ago??) but which I know it activates a third set of functions for my keyboard, but which I don't know how to activate lol. Well, I know how to press the key but I don't know how to activate the third set of functions. Anyway, this is probably what you're refering to as a FN key, but in case It's something else, let me know.

Oh, and btw the numpad works perfectly in Ubuntu 12.04 i386 (yep, I just installed another distro) and I freakin' love the new design already

So anyway, this numpad thingy works by default in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, only in Mint 14 x64 Xfce seems to be faulty, even though at the recommendation of someone on a Linux forum I installed numpadx something (sorry I don't remember the name of the package/driver/utility/whatever that was lol).

So, only Mint has thie issue so far (and maybe only Mint Xfce, Or Mint 14, or Mint x64, or maybe all 3 of them, but this is a Mint issue as far as I could gather).

Thanks for your help though

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3