Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, i am using dolphin and i want mount disk with specific permisión like 777, umask 022 orsomething liike that, they are examples, but i need it mount trought dolphin, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mount Attrib Problem

hello, i am using dolphin and i want mount disk with specific permisión like 777, umask 022 orsomething liike that, they are examples, but i need it mount trought dolphin, becouse a newbie user power on my pc, and he yet doesn't use terminal.
    i try with
    Code:
    /dev/sda1                                  /media/sda1     ntfs  nls=iso8859-1,ro,noauto,umask=722,user,owner  0  0
    in fstab but appear a error message:

Code:
    org.freedesktop.UDisks.Error.Failed: Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 1: helper failed with:
    Unprivileged user can not mount NTFS block devices using the external FUSE
    library. Either mount the volume as root, or rebuild NTFS-3G with integrated
    FUSE support and make it setuid root. Please see more information at
    ntfs-3g.org/support.html#unprivileged
    It is becouse my user it isn't root, so there is a way that i edit udsiks default permissions to 755 or 022, so when dolphin mount disk folder take that permisions, THZ
    PS. i dont want automount.

for more explication:
    Ntfs system doesn't have permision, but folder where it will be mount it yes, like:
    Code:
    drwx------ 1 xxx xxxx  24576 2013-02-05 20:05 Info
    Code:
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root        root          4096 2012-07-14 14:30 info
    both of them are mountpoints to /dev/sda1 only that Info is when i used dolphin to mount, and my other user can't read it. And other is the one that i create, and i mount using:
    Code:
     sudo mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /media/info
    that is only a example, i wont use 777 attribute for mountpoint. My friend mount it throught dolphin so when i am going to look at, my files that are in that disk, i cant't read it, until i umount that disk and mount it again using console, but sometimes he is written in disk large amount of files, so i need wait until he finish, and then umount it. So i was looking for a way, that when dolphin mount it, folder takes permision that i need for example 755. THZ

Either mount the volume as root, or rebuild NTFS-3G with integrated FUSE support and make it setuid root. Please see more information at ntfs-3g.org/support.html#unprivileged
    It tells you what to do, did you try this and had a problem?

Just Joined!

Thz for your answer

Hello, yes it tell me, but i don't want setuid to mount, becouse i only need it for a couple of disks, i was thinking if there is not a way to, change permision of disk mounted for dolphin, THZ

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close