Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there a distro of Linux that stands strong for a non-technical user that favors privacy? Until Zeitgeist, I was quite pleased w/ Ubuntu, but there's no rationale that would ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Is there such a thing as a distro that's more private that others?

Is there a distro of Linux that stands strong for a non-technical user that favors privacy? Until Zeitgeist, I was quite pleased w/ Ubuntu, but there's no rationale that would restore my trust w/ them. 'Considered Mint, but that's ubuntu/zeitgeist also. Debian? the Mint site describes a something for the more technically savvy. Maybe it would be within reach w/ some study? Is there one better?
    I do appreciate your kind help.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome aboard!

If you'll go to DistroWatch.com and use their search form, it will pull up a listing of security oriented distributions:

DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

The first two option boxes in Distribution Criteria are where you'd choose Linux and Security, but then you can narrow your search down even more from there. The distro listing pulled up will appear further down the page, and from there you can check out each distro that might meet your individual needs.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Oz, That's most helpful. I appreciate your kind help.