Find the answer to your Linux question:
basically im looking for a distribution of one of the linux's that works through a pendrive to use on my em350 (its basically stuffed, wont read any HDD, even a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

pendrive linux with em350 netbook

basically im looking for a distribution of one of the linux's that works through a pendrive to use on my em350 (its basically stuffed, wont read any HDD, even a working one from my good computer) i will need said distribution to be able to use the em350's wireless devices, and would prefer a windowed interface of some sort, so could someone give me some suggestions/tutorials/any other help

If you're building a USB memory stick install, take a look at the Fedora Live USB Creator. There's a version that runs on a certain commercial operating system if you don't have Linux available, it'll build a bootable stick from a live CD image (doesn't have to be Fedora, you just have to have the Live CD image available) and will create an overlay filesystem. The overlay filesystem allows you to make changes to the system, such as installing drivers or packages to support any hardware that isn't installed out of the box with the standard live CD.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

You could try Puppy.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome aboard!

A few weeks back, I tried Puppy as suggested above by hazel and was quite impressed with it.

You can also check out pendrivelinux.com to get some ideas about what you might want to try.
    oz

Just Joined!
    essentially all i need it for is web browsing as XP wont install on a pendrive, v*sta is so bad i consider it a curse word, and winblows 7/8 arent really worth the hassle and ram intensiveness for me, and i doubt any microsoft OS will install on a pendrive anyway, so is there a pre-compiled installer for the em350 device drivers or am i going to have to scrounge for those and could i get an easy to use guide? im a complete noob to linux tbh
    edit: the driver is either the atheros 7.7.0.456 or the atheros 9.0.0.173
    Last edited by jofadda; 02-15-2013 at 10:15 PM.