Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Are you talking about files or unused libraries?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Are you talking about files or unused libraries?

Just Joined!
    For what it's worth... DO NOT include the selection that includes "localizations" in BleachBit! For the second time (months apart), I did this by accident and ended up with an error that appears to have broken vesafb. After much research I got that fixed and still couldn't get past login. It would login, load to a black screen and repeat. I'm not sure what it is yet and have almost figured it out through many, many attempts but if you want to save yourself the problem, don't do it...

I will say after many cleanings and many backups, this is the only problem I have to report with BleachBit. If you want more indepth cleaning from a forensics level (and I know many will disagree) but look into "deft" linux. I don't know that you can clean from there but you can definitely see what is out there from a law enforcement point of view (only because it is widely used by them) and are able to see what they could find. You can manually clean it up from there. As far as a program to do this and clean in that aspect, I am unsure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2