Find the answer to your Linux question:
With vista/win7 you just need to make room in your hdd. Save as a MBR. Normally your good to go. But since I have win8. I figure there may be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Help with getting around with win8 dual boot.

With vista/win7 you just need to make room in your hdd. Save as a MBR. Normally your good to go. But since I have win8. I figure there may be a extra step or 2. I do like fedora and SalixOS. I like to go back to salix. But I'm not sure there 14.0 beta is going to work or not. And it have been a little bit since I last used linux. Just going used it for Searching the web. If it all possible. I love to used SalixOS again. Have a x64 bit. Just using win8 for playing games.

Hi and Welcome !

Disk management of Windows 7 and 8 almost same. You should check Format of partition though. Post existing partition structure of your Hard disk here. You can use LiveCD of any Linux distro and execute fdisk -l command with root privileges.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    You may also need to disable secure boot in the uefi and if it is a hybrid motherboard, drop back to bios. How you do that will be specific to the board.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    All I had to do is disable quick boot in my bios. Thank you for the help.