Find the answer to your Linux question:
this is probably a pretty basic thing but i cant work it out. 1.4.0 installed ..I recieved an update notice on my browser so i tried update manager / nothing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Browser update that doesn´t

this is probably a pretty basic thing but i cant work it out.
    1.4.0 installed ..I recieved an update notice on my browser so i tried update manager / nothing there.. tried synaptic that shows the same 1.4.0.... i go to the Qupzilla web page and it said you must do and apt get install.... and it quotes the scrript to get and install so i copied and pasted that into a a terminal.

it seemed to run for a longtime what looked like it was upgrading the whole repositories when it was finished I checked my browser it was still the same 1.4.0 and not 1.4.1 that its supposed to upgrade to...

i tried by uninstalling the browser through synaptic then re installing bbut the browser came back as 1.4.0 and still had my old bookmarks etc..
    and i still keep getting nags for a browser upgrade

i use a ubuntu derivative based on 12.04 (maybe) called watt os, and am and am dumber than a kamote on CL type stuff.

any ideas on how i can upgrade this

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Did you install it using a ppa? (info here)
    If so, on the command line run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    but this will apply any updates that are in the queue.

I've never heard of qupzilla so am trying it now. First impressions are good.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Just Joined!
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply I did the original install from the website.. and then i recieved an update notification which linked me to the official web site and gave the instructions on installing which is:- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nowrep/qupzilla
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install qupzilla

it seemed like it was all going as usuall except the actual browser didnt update at all .. and still doesn´t

I Like this browser a lot i have had no problems with it at all so far apart from this upgrade.
    i was using Midori before and that seemed to crash very regularly and this one seems as fast as midori.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Did you use the Ubuntu install? If so the command I showed earlier will work.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!