Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
As mentioned above, Fedora is a test bed for future options in RH. Not all of the software will make it into a release of RHEL, and a cutting edge ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

As mentioned above, Fedora is a test bed for future options in RH. Not all of the software will make it into a release of RHEL, and a cutting edge distro does run the chance of something going wrong during a standard system update.

As you are looking to get into the Admin game, CentOS would be the best choice. It's a system that is tried and tested, and is already capable of running on a corporate server with high marks on stability.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexinthecity View Post
    So why not recommend Fedora instead of Centos? Sorry for all the questions.
    Centos is a rebuild (minus branding and Red Hat Network and paid for support) of the actual operating system that seems to be most commonly used in server rooms.

As for resources... LinuxCommand.org: Learn the Linux command line. Write shell scripts. and http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz should take you all the way from a beginner to doing some fairly advanced stuff.

Don't worry about questions as a friend of mine puts it "If you don't know and you don't ask then you still won't know"
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2